- Yogurt is very effective for treating acne because it contains many vitamins and minerals which play an important role in healing our skin and creating a strong immune system.
- There are a number of ways of using yogurt for treating acne. You can either consume it orally or make it as facial mask to reduce acne.
- To get start, take 1 tablespoon of yogurt, 1 tablespoon of comfrey leaf, 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of cosmetic clay (kaolin clay). Now, make a paste, grind comfrey leaves into a fine powder. Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl forming a paste. Set aside and wash your face with cleanser. Now apply the paste on your face. Leave it on your face for about 15-20 minutes. After about 15 minutes, take a washcloth, soaked in warm water and clean it.
- Acne scars can cause the skin loses its flexibility and elasticity. Olive oil contains nutrients which help moisturize and soften your skin
- Mix 3 tablespoons olive oil with 4 tablespoons salt. Apply the mixture around your face. Leave it on for one or two minutes, then rinse it off with warm water. Do it every day for a week, then cut back to two or three times a week. You’ll see an improvement in your skin condition.
- Among the homemade acne treatments, lemon juice holds one preferred position serving as everything from a treatment for sore throat to a topical acne medication.
- Lemon can be used when we have dark acne scars that are visually even more unattractive. Cleanse your skin using fresh water cotton ball and dip it in lemon juice. Gently apply the juice on the acne scars and leave it for 10 minutes, then clean it off with water. You should be aware that by using lemon juice may make your skin becomes more sensitive to sunlight, so you should avoid excessive exposure to sunlight.
- Another food that used as a home acne treatment is oatmeal. This morning cereal has the consistency of glue which works well as a mask. The Oatmeal Mask will help you to clean your face in a gentle way. Your skin will remain fresh and smooth.
- Mix 3/4 cup of oatmeal with 1 cup of water in a pot. Cook the mixture for 1 to 2 minutes, and then allow it to cool. Apply the cool oatmeal mixture over your face for 10 to 20 minutes. And then rinse your face with warm water.